How Can It BE??
On May 11, 2014 our world was changed in the sweetest way with the birth of our granddaughter. And GUESS WHAT?!? All those
And we have the privilege of having her 1-2 days per week, which makes this MiMi blissfully happy but also a tad busy.
Then in other random news, my brother came for a wonderful visit last Thanksgiving, and while he made a quick store run, we made a crazy WHAT ARE WE THINKING!?!? kind of decision and quickly executed it.
So he comes back from the store, and it goes something like this:
"Hey, bro, GUESS WHAT??"
"We bought a Doberman puppy!
Yeah, just now.
Like, as in, the 15 minutes you were gone.
No, seriously. We did."
Let me just say, for the record….
We need a puppy like we need a hole in the head.
There. I said it.
HOWEVER….. we are big dog people, and we really wanted a doberman. They are highly intelligent, naturally protective (NOT AGGRESSIVE-There is a difference) and great with kids. No really, they are.
And we have this 12 year plan which goes something like this:
In 12 years, the two yorkies will have crossed the rainbow bridge and we will be DONE with animals. And our dobe fits right into that plan. Kids and dogs growing up together and then we will retire without such constraints. Amen and Amen.
So, without further adieu, meet Zara. She likes 75 walks per day, chasing the Yorkies mercilessly and eating her weight in chew toys on a weekly basis. She is 6 months old now and weighs 55 Lbs. She should be about 90 lbs full grown, so it's kinda important that we train her all day every day.
So, in my spare (insert loud laughter) time, I walk, and walk, and walk again and train a doberman puppy. And homeschool 4 kids. And keep my GRANDgirl. And deal with various medical appointments and surgical procedures. And try to keep the house from falling down around us.
But that's it.
Also,
Sweet Gianna had her 13th surgery in January. We thought it was going to be a BIG one, and in a very unexpected surprise, the Dr. was able to get one more small surgery in and the BIG one will be this July. She gets to have almost a whole summer without a recovery period. She has not had a summer free of surgery since she was 3 years old. Suffice it to say, we are going to "Party like it's 1999" until the end of July.
Our sweet Aria will be 11 this year, and well, we are heading into uncharted territory called HORMONES. We have tears for no apparent reason. LOTS, and LOTS of tears. She is just the sweetest, mommy loving girl ever so we have had no sass, but tears. And did I mention tears? Lord, help us!
In less tearful news, she loves playing the violin (3rd year student) and has added sewing classes. They made these adorable PJ bottoms in their class.
Our Sofia has had some testing lately for some help with learning disabilities. Great news is, she has a normal brain and normal intelligence. Bad news is, she doesn't learn easily using traditional methods. We have added speech therapy and lots and lots of new techniques to help her learn in her special way. The sky is the limit for this sweet girl- she just needs a little extra hard work to get there!
Well, that's the latest and greatest from our Clan. Here's hoping that I remember to update our blog a little more frequently this year.
Thank you so much for the update! Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful granddaughter! I'm the grandma to two beauties myself, so I know how proud you are. And the puppy! My you like to keep yourself moving, don't you?!?!? So glad your girls are doing so well.
ReplyDeleteI do periodically check in on you! I miss your beautiful self and loving girls. I pray for you daily. Love, Ms. Sarah
ReplyDeleteCount me as one of your fans, I was thrilled to see your new post. I always jump over here and check your blog! Your girls are precious, the grandbaby is adorable, and YOU always look so perfectly put together, despite all those plates you juggle. How do you do it? :) Blessings to your family! Donna (www.handsful.com)
ReplyDeleteSo great to hear you're doing well!
ReplyDeleteALL THE SMILES!!! Such a beautiful family! Congrats on the grandbaby and the dog and the surgery-free summer!
ReplyDeleteSo good to see all the smiles and know everyone is doing fine.
ReplyDeleteI was so glad to see an update. I still pop in every so often to see if you have posted an update. I'm glad things are going well for your family.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteWell, it's about time! Thank you!!! I'm glad to see how stable Celia is. What a remarkable girl. I'm sorry to hear of Sophia's struggles to learn. This year I learned that one of my daughters has a severe auditory processing disorder which explained her learning difficulties and I've found it to be our hardest special need so far since it affects just about every aspect of her life.
ReplyDeleteA huge congratulations on becoming a grandmother! How fun! She is adorable.
And, congratulations on the addition of your very large puppy, who will be a very large dog. Dobies are sweet dogs and I'm sure once past 2 yrs. will be much easier.
I am curious, though, how is Celia doing with her "motorcycle?"
It's time for another update, right?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete